A new central city stadium and an international cricket oval at Western Springs are included in a Venue Development Strategy released by Auckland Mayor Phil Goff.
RFA’s Venue Development Strategy outlines a future vision for Auckland’s venues that:
- Investigates the possibility of a new central city stadium or a redeveloped Eden Park
- Designates Western Springs as an oval sport field for cricket and AFL, and retains Ponsonby Rugby as a key tenant.
- Invests in transforming Mt Smart into a community stadium with a high-performance training facility.
- Invests in transforming QBE Stadium into a community stadium, and continues to invest in high-performance training facilities at the venue.
- Commits to find a long-term home for speedway in Auckland.
To read more please visit