At Auckland Zoo we bring people together to enable them to connect with the wonder of the natural world, to value the world's wildlife and to build a future where species are safe from extinction.
Every day we find new ways to engage our visitors, and by providing unique learning opportunities, encourage and empower our community to protect wildlife through their actions.
Conservation is at the heart of everything we do. As well as caring for the animals that live here, and breeding threatened native species for release to the wild, we use zoo resources and expertise to help conserve wildlife in wild places in New Zealand and around the world.
Read all about our exciting new South East Asia precinct here.
- A leading New Zealand centre for wildlife conservation
- Internationally recognised breeding programmes for critically endangered species
- More than 700,000 visitors a year, 91% satisfaction rating
- Contributes more than 10,000 hours a year working with conservation partners
- 81% of Aucklanders say the Zoo enhances their appreciation of wildlife