Our award-winning Zoo, proudly CarboNZero, is at the leading-edge of wildlife research, conservation work, education programmes, and innovative exhibits. We work together, with our colleagues and our communities, to foster discovery of the natural world, inspire action for wildlife and create hope for its future. We lead by example, with optimism, with expertise and with passion.
Part of a global network of zoos, Auckland Zoo has evolved to become an active conservation organisation. As well as caring for the wildlife in the Zoo, we use Zoo resources and expertise to help conserve wildlife in wild places in New Zealand and all over the world.
Every day we find new ways to engage our visitors in the wonders of the natural world. By providing unique learning opportunities, we encourage and empower our community to protect wildlife through their actions. We continuously invest in our team and our facilities to create extraordinary experiences and minimize our environmental footprint.
I could go to Auckland Zoo every day with or without my two-year-old. We love the Zoo!
- A leading New Zealand centre for wildlife conservation
- Internationally recognised breeding programmes for critically endangered species
- More than 700,000 visitors a year, 91% satisfaction rating
- Contributes more than 10,000 hours a year working with conservation partners
- 81% of Aucklanders say the Zoo enhances their appreciation of wildlife